With 25 years of teaching experience and hundreds of previous students, I understand how students develop knowledge and technique and enjoyment through music. There are many facets to music and I enjoy sharing what know about it through material and songs from today and all that has come before.
- Core competencies include: Written music and notation, harmonic knowledge, playing by ear, songwriting and composition, developing performance confidence, recording, band or group development, parent relationship, project management.
- Guitar skillset: Scales and modal systems, chords systems and families, rhythm /percussion, improvisation, two handed tapping, odd times, fingerstyle, thumb-picking, plectrum, playing with other people and performing. Covering popular, jazz, blues, rock and traditional.
- Caleb Nott, (The Broods) In a high flying Duo with his sister, first album went #1 in New Zealand, #5 in Australia, and had a single in the top 40 U.S. charts. Taught for 2 years.
- Callum Allardice, New Zealand session musician and composer, in the Contemporary Jazz group The Jac which toured Australia last year. Won APRA New Zealand Jazz Composition of the year 2016, 2017 and 2019. Taught for 1 year
- Lewis Stephenson, (the Belligerents, Confidence Man, Moses Gunn Collective) Brisbane based Multi instrumentalist, writer and singer with a growing portfolio of credits including touring and songs played on Triple J. Taught for 3 years.
- Andrew Redford, (Solo Artist, Sunshine Coast) winner of $10,000 Billy Thorpe Artist Development Award, Q Song of The Year, flown to Nashville by Sounz Australia in 2011, has opened for The McClymonts and Pete Murray. Taught for 4 years.